Friday, October 20, 2006

Conventions and Sick Cats

I want to apologize for my lack of attention to updates and e-mails on GhoulNextDoor.com and messages on MySpace. I'm not intentionally ignoring anyone -- I just haven't had any time to sit down and read and reply. Rest assured that I will, but it may be a little while.

In the last month, I've attended three great conventions and met oodles of really cool people. Fans of the horror genre are definitely the best people on the planet! I hope to find some time this weekend to post some photos from Crypticon, Cinema Wasteland, and Rock and Shock. I have several beautiful new tattoos to post, as well.

I was pretty well caught up with messages and mail after Wasteland, and then one of my cats (Pink) went into chronic renal failure (along with a heart murmur to further complicate matters). After five days in the hospital, he's back home with me and being treated with meds at various times of the day, a special diet (which he hates) and lots of love (which he tolerates). As a result, I haven't been logging too much time on the computer. Spiffy (Dawg of the Dead), Rusty (The Chainsaw) and my other kitty Linnie are royally pissed off that Pink is receiving so much attention, but they'll get over it. He's in pretty dire straits at this moment and I'm trying to get him to eat and drink to regain his strength. He despises the kidney diet that's being forced on him, and the phosphorus binder I have to give him is making him constipated (I suppose this falls into the category of too much information), making him want to eat even less, so I'm giving him canned pumpkin to alleviate that problem. It's a vicious cycle. If anyone has been down the FCRF road, and has any tips, let me know. If you're the praying kind, please mention Pink in your prayers. If not, just send some good thoughts his way. He needs all the help he can get.

1 Comments:

Blogger dangerkitty said...

Pink is one cute kitty. I hope he's doing better. I'll keep him in my prayers.

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home