Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Pennsylvania Primary

What an amazing day it's been! The weather was beautiful, I didn't have to go to work, and I voted for someone I really believe in. When I went to the poll today at 10am, I was the 119th person to vote, and for the first time ever, I had to wait in line. It was great! Some of the people in line appeared to be first-time voters, and I suspect that has more to do with Obama's campaign than it does Hillary's. I just don't see her being able to galvanize many white men in their 20s and 30s the way that Obama can.

The polls closed a little over an hour ago and I'm watching the returns trickle in. No one holds out much hope for Obama actually winning this state (there are a lot of older women in Pennsylvania), but I hope he makes a good showing in my county. If the yard signs in my neighborhood are any indication, Obama's got Pittsburgh wrapped up. Time will tell what happens here, but I believe Barack Obama will be our next president! *fingers crossed*

1 Comments:

Blogger skj said...

Ya know what's sad, for me as a Conservative Republican anyway... because U like Obama, I like him more. Wish his pastor would shut-up, but like the Big O & the misses.
Between Hillary & Obama ... GO OBAMA! I can't believe I'm say that!! Big sis, UR having a terrible influence on me! your West Coast Sister

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home